Vancouver Island Business Awards announced
Harbour Air was named Business of the Year at the 12th annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort.
The Business of the Year award was the last of 17 awards at the well attended event, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank, Hayes Stewart Little Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of B.C.
Locally, TradeTec Computer Systems Ltd. of Parksville was named Forestry/Wood Products Company of the Year,
There were a record 450 submissions/nominations for this year’s event, from across Vancouver Island.
Other awards went to:
• MD Esthetics Medical Laser & Skin Rejuvenation Centre as Small Business of the Year,
• Cairnview Mechanical of Victoria as Trades Company of the Year,
• ABC Precast of Nanaimo as Manufacturer of the Year,
• GIC Direct.Com as Insurance/Financial Services Company of the Year,
• Sharie Marie Mortgage Company of Port Alberni as Real Estate Company of the Year,
• ViVitro Labs of Victoria as Professional Company of the Year,
• Country Grocer of Duncan, Nanaimo and Victoria as Retailer of the Year,
•Archipelago Marine Research Ltd. as Technology Business of the Year,
• The Inn at Laurel Point as winner of the Going Green Award,
• Harris Auto Group of Nanaimo as Automotive Business of the Year,
• McKinnon & Associates of Nanaimo as Community Leader of the Year,
• Island West Coast Developments of Nananimo as Construction/Development Company of the Year,
• Wizard of Paws Grooming of Victoria as Entrepreneur of the Year,
• Nurse Next Door of Nanaimo as Health Company of the Year, and Dolphins Resort of Campbell River as Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year.
The annual awards gala is coordinated by Business Examiner and Business Vancouver Island newspapers, and rotates each year from Victoria and Central Vancouver Island.
Next year’s event will be held north of the Malahat.