- 2015 Federal Election
Proposed health centre services list
Primary Health Care
• Integrated Health Network
• Diabetes Education Centre
• Chronic Disease Management
• Health Promotion (e.g. immunization, falls prevention,
obesity management, smoking cessation)
• Referrals to other health services as appropriate
• Rehabilitative Care
• Long Term Care
• Outpatient Palliative Care
• Shared Electronic Medical Record to enhance patient safety
and treatments in both primary and urgent care settings
• Conditions that could progress to a serious problem requiring
emergency intervention. Conditions that may be associated with
significant discomfort and may affect the ability to function at
work or in activities of daily living.
• Examples include headache (sudden, severe or unexplained),
corneal foreign body and chronic back pain.
• Examples include sore throat, upper respiratory infection, mild
abdominal pain which is chronic or recurring with normal vital
signs, vomiting alone and diarrhea alone.
Co-located VIHA Programs
• Mental Health
• Continuing Health Services
• Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Services
• Parksville-Qualicum Health Unit
• Space will be made available for a pharmacy.
• It is expected that X-ray (flat plate) services will be available at
the centre, pending provincial licensing.