Mosaic Forest Management has given recognition to forestry contractors who have contributed to the company’s focus on safety, environmental performance, Indigenous relations, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and quality over the past year.
“We are privileged to partner with outstanding contractors who demonstrate excellence in so many different areas, starting with safety,” said Jeff Zweig, President & CEO of Mosaic. “We are not successful unless everyone in and around our operations goes home safely every day. Every injury is preventable, and we will not rest until we achieve and maintain zero injuries.”
In 2021, Mosaic achieved a medical incident rate of 1.58 per 200,000 hours worked (on a total of 2.6 million hours for the year), representing a 28 per cent reduction over three years.
Mosaic recognizes and celebrates the following British Columbia forestry contractors who have demonstrated outstanding performance and leadership.
Among those contractors recognized for Longstanding Safety Performance was Mosaic’s Northwest Bay Crew, Nanoose Bay.
In other areas:
• Excellent Safety Culture & Innovation – Coastal Bridge & Construction Ltd., Port Alberni
• Crew Safety Champion – Debbie Payne, Star Lake Contracting Ltd., Lake Cowichan
• Crew Safety Champion – Paul Nimmon, Lukwa Enterprises Ltd., Quadra Island
• Excellent Environmental Performance – Mount Sicker Ltd., Duncan
• Indigenous Relations Leadership – Star West Holdings Ltd., Port Alberni
• Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion – Frontier Log Scaling Ltd., Nanaimo
• Indigenous Business of the Year – Spuzzum Contracting Ltd., Spuzzum
• Leadership in Log Quality – JoR Contracting Ltd., Black Creek
• Leadership in Log Hauling – Jordan River Logging Ltd., Chemainus
Mosaic Forest Management Corporation is in the business of sustainable forest stewardship, managing private timberlands and public forest tenures in Coastal British Columbia for more than a century. Mosaic employs several thousand people directly and indirectly, and is strongly committed to achieving positive economic, social and sustainability outcomes from the working forest. For more information, visit mosaicforests.com.
— NEWS Staff