With 40 members in attendance, the Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce celebrated their achievements in 2018 at the annual general meeting at Thalassa Restaurant on April 3.
Before the formal business of the AGM, Haylee Gould from the Town of Qualicum Beach presented information on the new bylaw regulating single-use plastic bags due to come into effect on July 1.
Outgoing chair Katherine Wilk presented her annual report highlighting 2018 accomplishments; notably community projects, capacity building workshops and the Visitor Centre report. Treasurer David Nellist presented the year-end financials for the members’ consideration. Board members newly elected by acclamation for 2019-20:
• Jillian Porter, Carmana Home Improvements
• Matt Breedlove, Royal LePage Qualicum Beach Realty
• Paul Trudeau, Sand Pebbles Inn
• Carol Riera, Remax Anchor Realty
• William Zhai, Casa Grande Inn
These Directors join the rest of the Board that includes:
• Sarah Duncan, Coastal Community Credit Union
• David Nellist, Raymond James Qualicum Beach
• Jay Norton, Consultant
• Katherine Wilk, Royal LePage Parksville Qualicum Beach Realty
• Jean Young, Arbutus Fashion & Lifestyle
• Tara Macart, Opti-Balance Naturopathic Medicine
The Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce Board elected Sarah Duncan as chair, Matt Breedlove as vice-chair, Carol Riera as secretary and David Nellist as treasurer. Katherine Wilk continues on the board as past-chair.
Oura Giakoumakis and Marc LaCouvee were recognized for their many years of service and dedication as they are both at the end of their terms.
— NEWS Staff, submitted