Church-goers in the Parksville Qualicum Beach area may have to listen to the mass online or television.
A number of the churches here have decided to cancel services until further notice.
The Church of the Ascension in Parksville announced that no mass services mid-week and on weekends will be offered, as per the advise of Rev. Gary Gordon, the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria.
“I know that the Sunday celebration of the Eucharist is the very heart of our Catholic life, and the inability to gather for this worship is a cause of great suffering,” Gordon said in his memo.
Those wishing to hear mass may do so online or on TV. Look for listings on your respective cable providers.
Other churches that have changed operations include:
• St. Columba Presbyterian Church: Services, all midweek programs and rentals cancelled.
• Parksville Fellowship Baptist Church: Services on hold, but will livestream Sunday services.
• Christian Fellowship Centre in Qualicum Beach: All Sunday meetings and mid-week gatherings cancelled for the next three weeks. Livestreaming Sunday services.
• St. Anne’s & St Edmund’s: Closed for all public use, including worship, for 60 days effective immediately.
• The Anglican Parish of St. Mark: Closed for all public use, including worship.
• Oceanside Community Church: All-in person church events suspended.
• St. Stephens United Church: No Sunday worship services but you can take part in the weekly service on its website.
• Knox United Church: Office is closed until further notice.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Worship services are suspended.
If your church has any updated details, please email email@example.com.