For those with a sweet tooth, or those game for a hopping good time, Parksville, Qualicum Beach and spots nearby have several Easter events coming up.
We’ve got a list of nine events or special deals to celebrate the holiday and get kids searching.
• Milner Gardens has its Bunny Trail running from April 14-17. Children can pick up maps at the Welcome and Interpretive Centre for clues to spot bunnies along the trail, then return the map to the Pool House Gift Shop for an Easter treat. Admission is $4.25 for youth, free for children 12 and under, and $8.25 for adults.
• Also running from April 14-17, Tiger Lily Farm at 1692 Errington Rd. has baby farm animals to visit, Easter baskets to make, Easter eggs and cookies to decorate, face painting and games with the Easter Bunny. The regular barnyard activities are also available. Easter activities run 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are included with regular admission of $8.75 a person or $32.50 per family. Children under two are free.
• Friends of Foster Park are holding their annual free Easter egg hunt Saturday at Foster Park in Parksville, 625 Pym Rd., where hundreds of children and parents often participate. The April 15 event begins at noon with a hot dog sale and entertainment, and the egg hunt to follow. Hunts organized by age group, with all ages welcome and egg baskets will be provided.
• KD air is holding its fifth annual Easter egg hunt at the Qualicum Beach Airport. It starts at noon on April 16 and is for kids ages two to 11. Smaller children hunt inside the airport while older kids hunt outside. Hot dogs and juice boxes will also be available by donation, with proceeds going to the B.C. Children’s Hospital. Parents are asked to bring Easter baskets.
• Tigh-Na-Mara Spa and Resort is holding an Easter egg scavenger hunt on April 16, running from 10 a.m. to noon. Kids start at the front desk where they get their first clue, leading them to an egg with a treat and another clue until they reach the end for a prize. The event is complimentary for guests, and $5 for the public. It will be held rain or shine.
• Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club is putting on an Easter brunch buffet, along with an Easter egg hunt and colouring contest at noon for kids 12 and under on April 16. Cost is $24.95 for adults, and for kids 12 and under, it’s $1 per year of age.
• Paradise Fun Park will have the Easter bunny handing out chocolate eggs on its mini-golf course on April 16 throughout the day.
• At Riptide Lagoon Adventure golf, the first 50 kids to play on April 16 will get a Kinder Surprise Egg.
• Tidal Treasures, which has been hiding glass art along beaches in Parksville, has been hinting at leaving some glass eggs for Easter. Keep your eyes open!