On Saturday, May 12 the winners of the 28th annual BC Book Prizes were announced. The BC Book Prizes — Win the Winners Contest is nearly underway!
Visit a participating bookstore and fill out an entry form for a chance to win a copy of each of this year’s winning books. Five prize packages are available to be won, each of which will include the following winning books:
• Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill, winner of the Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Prize
• The Chuck Davis History of Metropolitan Vancouver by Chuck Davis, winner of the Roderick Haig-Brown Regional Prize and the Bill Duthie Booksellers’ Choice Award
• Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan, winner of the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize
• crawlspace by John Pass, winner of the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize
• When I Was Small by Sara O’Leary and Julie Morstad, winner of the Christie Harris Illustrated Children’s Literature Prize
• Blood Red Road by Moira Young, winner of the Sheila A. Egoff Children’s Literature Prize
The contest runs from May 22 to June 18, with the five winners being drawn on June 25. To enter, visit one of the following bookstores:
• Cadboro Bay Book Company, 3840b Cadboro Bay Road, Victoria
• Galiano Island Books, 76 Madrona Drive, Galiano Island
• Laughing Oyster Bookshop, 286 Fifth Street, Courtenay
• Mulberry Bush Bookstore, 102-280 East Island Hwy, Parksville
The prizes are administered and awarded by a non-profit society that represents all facets of the publishing and writing community.
For more, call 604-687-2405 or visit www.bcbookprizes.ca.