With summer sun waning a little earlier and mornings just a little crisper, it’s time to get cosy at home.
Where the last few months have been about building those inviting outdoor spaces, in September we turn our attention inside, to creating warm, welcoming interiors to see us through those fall rains and winter storms.
For many, especially here on the West Coast, that means decorating with solid wood furnishings that reflect this place we call home, whether with the beachy vibe of rustic, light-stained oak or the deep, rich hues of espresso-stained maple.
In fact, Gallagher is shining a light on many of those local manufacturers throughout September, offering shoppers 10 per cent off all furnishings from BC woodcrafters, plus an extra five per cent off any in-stock woodcraft items.
“We’re proud to be local and proud to showcase our talented British Columbia furniture builders and the relationships we’ve built with them over our 13 years here,” Parry notes. “With so many to choose from, we have BC-made furnishings that not only fit your home, but elevate it – and all can be custom ordered.”
Here’s a look at some of the BC manufacturers to watch right now:
• Tree Fever Designs – Crafted right here on the Island in Black Creek, and specializing in pine and maple, choose from rustic or smooth finishes in furnishings for all areas of your home.
• Purba – Specializing in maple and oak, find Surrey-made pieces for your bedroom, living, dining and media rooms, in addition to the home office.
• Sahara Furniture – Made in Abbotsford, choose from pieces for the bedroom, living or dining room in Western and Eastern maple, or go for something distinctive with Ambrosia wormy maple and oak.
• Professional Furniture – Practical pieces including bookcases, cabinet beds, media cabinets, kitchen storage and more are the focus for this Surrey-based company.
• Quality Woodcrafters – Also in Surrey, and specializing in pine and alder, find beds, dressers, night stands and more.