Advance voting for the 44th federal general election in Canada begins on Friday, Sept. 10 and runs through Sept. 13.
Polling stations open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
In the Courtenay-Alberni riding, the advance polls are located at:
• Tofino: Tin Wis Resort, 1119 Pacific Rim Highway
• Ucluelet: Community Hall, 500 Matterson Dr.
• Port Alberni: Alberni Athletic Hall, 3727 Roger St.
• Parksville: Craig Street Commons, 330 Craig St.
• Qualicum Beach: Civic Centre, 747 Jones St.
• Bowser: Lighthouse Community Centre, 240 Lions Way
• Courtenay: Comox Valley Aquatic Centre, 377 Lerwick Rd. (for all residents of Courtenay proper)
• Courtenay: Courtenay Lawn Bowling Club, 2361 Kilpatrick Ave. (for all residents south of Courtenay… Royston, Union Bay, Denman, Hornby, Fanny Bay, etc.)
Voters may vote only at their assigned polling place. You can check the address of the polling station on the back of the voter information card mailed by Elections Canada. You can also visit https://www.elections.ca/ or by calling 1-800-463-6868.
To vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted ID can be found online.
Electors can expect to see the following health and safety measures at polling places: Hand sanitizing stations at entrances and exits; non-medical masks available; poll workers wearing non-medical masks; physical distancing and directional signage; and frequent cleaning of work stations, door handles and other high-touch surfaces.
— NEWS Staff