The Town of Quailicum Beach has approved applicants for COVID-19 Relief Grant-in-Aid.
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a financial strain on many community groups. The program aims to assist local registered societies, non-profit organizations, and charities.
Priority were given to those that experienced a negative financial impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, and that provided activities and/or services to Qualicum Beach residents.
The town offers two rounds of funding totaling $80,250 with the maximum award of $5,000 for an organization or group.
At the April 28 regular council meeting, council awarded $56,500 to the following:
• $5,000, Bard to Broadway Theatre Society.
• $5,000, Ecole Oceanside Elementary School PAC.
• $5,000, Qualicum Beach Elementary School PAC.
• $5,000, Qualicum Beach Farmers Market.
• $2,500, Qualicum Beach Community Garden Society.
• $4,000, Qualicum Beach Lawn Bowling Club.
• $5,000, Royal Canadian Legion Branch #76.
• $5,000, Qualicum Weavers and Spinners Guild Society.
• $4,000, Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach.
• $5,000, Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise.
• $5,000, The Old School House Arts Centre.
• $2,500, Young Life of Canada.
• $3,500, Echo Players.
At the June 16 regular council meeting, council awarded $23,750 to the following:
• $1,250 to Qualicum Beach Community Garden Society.
• $5,000 to Kwalikum Secondary School.
• $2,000 to Qualicum Beach Uptown Market Society.
• $5,000 to Qualicum Beach Collective Society.
• $5,000 to Arrowview Elementary School.
• $5,000 to Milner Gardens and Woodland Society.
• $500 to the Music Joy Project.
— NEWS Staff, submitted