Oceanside RCMP received 230 complaints the week of April 3 to April 9.
Some of the incidents included:
• A blanket was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Sutherland Place, Parksville.
• Sheets of plywood valued at $1,275 were reported stolen in the 800 block of Church Road, Parksville.
• A Honda EU2000I generator was reported stolen in the 300 block of McKinnon Street, Parksville.
• A brown Giant Shore mountain bike and a blue colour generator was reported stolen in the 4500 block of Callow Road, Bowser.
• Rear B.C. licence plate 206BWL was reported missing from a vehicle in the 400 block of Schley Place, Parksville.
• Rear B.C. licence plate PC217J was reported missing in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parkville.
• A 24-inch statue of an man with a hat holding his hands in the air was reported stolen in the 500 block of Ridgefield Road, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A suspicious fire was reported in the 100 block of Island Highway, West, Parksville. A male subject was later apprehended.
• A building was reported vandalized with graffiti in the 100 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with tires slashed in the 1200 block of Centre Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A stolen licence plate and an uninsured vehicle was impounded thanks to a caller in the area of Barclay Crescent and Lee Road, Parksville.
• A black custom 2010 US utility trailer with B.C. licence plate WMF51W was reported stolen in the 200 block of Crabapple Crescent, Parksville.
• A Honda 3000 Generator and a Makita Chop Saw was reported stolen from a shed at a fish hatchery in the Englishman River Park on Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
• Medication and two gift cards were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A male prowler was reported in the 4000 block of Gladys Road, Bowser.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 4200 block of Wildwood Road, Bowser. Damage to entrance door and loss of hair-dressing equipment.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville.
• A car prowler was reported in the 300 block of Wisteria Street, Parksville. Video surveillance was provided to police.
• B.C. licence plate MG010B was reported stolen and three tires slashed as well as graffiti sprayed on a vehicle in the 500 block of Forsyth Avenue, Parksville.
• A new Rigid table saw, a custom glass chandler and a Medusa nickel light were some of the items reported stolen in a residential break-end-enter in the 6300 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• A drill and charger were reported stolen from a vehicle in the first block of Lambert Lane, Bowser. There was damaged reported to the driver’s door and the passenger window was broken.
• A green-coloured ornamental carboy was reported stolen in the 200 block of Lodgepole Drive, Parksville, on April 8.
• A buck knife with the initials RHD and a sleeve of 30.6 ammunition were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted