Oceanside RCMP received 245 complaints the week of Feb. 20-27.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business reported a male subject asking for money in exchange for shopping carts in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville. None of the businesses in the block require a deposit for shopping carts.
• A locked utility trailer was reported stolen in the 2400 block of McDivitt Drive, Nanoose Bay. The property was recovered in Nanaimo the next day.
• A Samsung tablet and an assortment of items were found in the area of Corfield and Jensen, Parksville. Please contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1400 block of Industrial Way, Parksville. A number of storage lockers were breached.
• Sunglasses were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A break-and-enter to a storage shed was reported in the 200 block of Lions Way, Qualicum. Reported missing were four folding chairs and four commercial rubber floor mats.
• A vehicle window was reported broken in the 400 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville.
• A prowler was reported to have used a travel trailer in the 1700 block of Miama Court, Qualicum Beach. Residents are reminded to regularly check travel trailers on property to ensure they are not being used by others.
• Sunglasses and reading glasses were reported stolen from unlocked vehicles in the 700 block of Hollywood Road, Qualicum Beach.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 100 block of Gerald Place, Parksville.
• An orange Husqvarna 372XP chain saw was reported stolen in the 500 block of Fourneau Way, Parksville.
• Wind chimes were reported stolen in the 100 block of Garden Road East, Qualicum Beach.
• A Miele BB 240 BMX bike was found in the 100 block of Finholm Street North, Parksville. Please contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A prowler was reported to have used an unlocked recreation vehicle in the 700 block of Kaplar Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A prowler was reported in the 1300 block of Meadowood Way, Qualicum
• Five bronze flower vases were reported stolen from a cemetery in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
• A fishing rod and reel was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A pedestrian crossing light was reported vandalized in the area of Memorial Avenue and Crescent Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A tire and rim were reported from a vehicle in the area of Bellevue Road and Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A yellow seatbelt cutter/window breaker was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Philips Street, Parksville.
• A utility trailer spare tire was reported stolen in the 2900 block of Marshall Road, Qualicum.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted