Oceanside RCMP received 214 complaints the week of Feb. 7 to Feb. 13.
Some of the incidents included:
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 700 block of Canyon Crescent Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Second Avenue West, Qualicum Beach. A broken window was noted in addition to missing money and a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
• A rental portable furnace and propane tank were reported stolen from a construction site in the 600 block of Briarwood Drive, Parksville.
• A secured compound break-and-enter was reported in the 200 block of Corfield Street North, Parksville. Three utility trailers had locks cut and some contents noted missing.
• Pink boxing gloves, sunglasses and reading glasses were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• Night male prowlers were reported in the 600 block of Ashcroft Place, Parksville.
• A blue duffel bag containing tools including a Shop Works skill saw was found in the 900 block of Wallys Way, Parksville, on February 8. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A suspicious vehicle was reported following children and offering a ride in the Meadowood area, Qualicum Beach.
• A night prowler was reported in the 2400 block of Garry Oak Drive, Nanoose Bay.
• A resident reported being scammed out of tens of thousands of dollars in an online bitcoin scam in Parksville.
• A secured lock box was reported stolen in the 200 block of Island Highway West, Parksville, on February 10.
• Illegal log harvesting on private land was reported between Inland Island Highway and Gray Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A prowler was reported rummaging though a vehicle in the 100 block of Jensen Avenue, Parksville. Police arrived and arrested one male.
• A prowler was reported to have damaged an electrical shed in the 1100 block of Smithers Road, Parksville.
• A residential window was reported smashed with a rock in the 200 block of Jensen Avenue East, Parksville. A male was identified on surveillance video and subsequently arrested.
• A Grayco child car seat valued at $300 was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 400 block of Craig Street, Parksville. The driver’s side door lock was noted damaged.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted