Oceanside RCMP received 221 complaints the week of Nov. 6 to Nov. 12.
Some of the incidents included:
• An unattended running vehicle was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. Vehicle was located in Nanaimo later that day.
• A PlayStation 4, six video games and controllers were reported stolen in a residential break-and-enter in the 1600 block of Stroulger Road, Nanoose Bay. Items noted stolen from the unlocked garage.
• A Honda EM2500 generator was found in the area of Kaye Road and Island Highway East, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular hours, quoting file number 2022-11030, to claim.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported stolen in the area of Horne Lake Road and Inland Highway, Qualicum Beach. Vehicle later recovered in Courtenay undamaged.
• A Technics stereo receiver was found in the area of Harrison Avenue and Alberni Highway, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular hours, quoting file number 2022-11041, to claim.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 500 block of Karls Way, Parksville.
• B.C licence plates PD9215 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville.
• B.C. rear licence plate RC072H was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of Meadowlark Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A Dell Vostro 3510 laptop was one of the items stolen from a reported business break-and-enter in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• Two unlocked vehicles were reported rummaged through and vandalized in the 1200 block of Smithers Road, Parksville. Approximately $1,000 worth of tools were reported stolen.
• An Apple laptop was reported stolen from a business in the 400 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A local resident was reported scammed out of $800 by a Facebook offer to supply hay from Alberta.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported vandalized with the overhead interior lights and ignition damaged in the 700 block of Woodland Drive, Parksville.
• An Apple iPad, Android tablet and an Apple iMac desktop were reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• A bottle of rum and contents from a fridge were reported stolen as a result of a residential break-and-enter in the 900 block of Lakes Blvd, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted