Oceanside RCMP received 246 complaints the week of Feb. 19 to Feb. 25.
Some of the incidents included:
• Copper wire valued at over $700 was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 100 block of Stanford Avenue West, Parksville.
• A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 900 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on February 20. Nothing reported missing with empty beer cans left behind.
• A attempted residential break-and-enter was reported in the 3100 block of Bay Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A white 2002 Ford F350, BC plate PB8896, was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Station Road, Coombs. The vehicle has not been recovered.
• A compound gate was breached and over 400 litres of diesel fuel was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with a door handle broken and ignition damaged in the 500 block of Stanford Avenue, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with a number of tires reported slashed in the 2500 block of Island Highway East, Nanoose Bay.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.