Oceanside RCMP received 266 complaints the week of Oct. 31 to Nov. 7.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle on Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 1700 block of Nahmint Road, Qualicum Beach. Investigation revealed that the licence plate was altered and the vehicle was not insured.
• B.C. licence plate FC557R was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Dogwood Street, Parksville.
• A black and blue Marin Alcatraz mountain bike with a black and blue seat was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported to have caused $5,000 damage to advertising signage in the 3200 block of Kirk Road, Qualicum Beach. Surveillance video was provided to police.
• A dumpster was reported on fire in the 100 block of Pym Street North, Parksville. Parksville Fire Department attended.
• Three bags of empty beverage containers were reported stolen in the 400 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. Video surveillance showed a male leaving the fenced enclosure with the goods.
• Damage to the front door of a residence was reported in the 1900 block of Tom’s Turn Around, Qualicum Beach.
• A trespasser was reported in the 1000 block of Bellevue Road, Parksville.
• B.C. licence plates 716RDF were report stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• Four propane tanks were reported stolen in the 6800 block of Island Highway West, Bowser. A male was seen cutting the propane cage.
• A prowler was reported in the 900 block of Fairwinds Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A break-and-enter of a pump house was reported and two chainsaws stolen in the 300 block of Garden Road, Qaulicum Beach.
• A first aid kit and change were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Pintail Drive, Parksville.
• A propane tank was reported stolen in the 5300 block of Gainsberg Road, Bowser. The tank was recovered later at the bus stop nearby.
• A black Towy Cruiser, a dark grey Norco and another dark grey Norco bicycles were reported stolen from a storage shed in the 400 block of Alberni highway, Parksville.
• A 1977 white Frontier motorhome, B.C. licence plate KH105R, was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Nahmint Road, Qualicum Beach.
• An attempted break-and-enter of a storage unit was reported in the 1700 block of Country Road, Qaulicum Beach.
• Two windows of a business were reported damaged in the 1000 block of Bellevue Road, Parksville.
• Change and keys were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 200 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville. Items noted missing were three computer towers.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted