Two Duncan found guilty of aggravated sexual assault in violent case. (File photo)

Duncan cousins found guilty of aggravated sexual assault

Assault so violent, victim required surgery

Two Duncan men have been found guilty of aggravated sexual assault after an incident at a home on June 26, 2016.

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Catherine Murray found Nicholas Des Charlie and Abraham Charles Percy Louie guilty of the charges following a recent trial at the Duncan courthouse.

According to court documents, the victim was so severely injured in the genital area that she required surgery.

The assault took place in a residence on Whut’stun Road where a group of people were having a drinking party in one of the rooms.

The victim had a sister at the party, where Charlie and Louie were also drinking, and decided to attend.

After consuming a significant amount of alcohol and passing out for a while, the victim woke to find herself alone with Charlie and Louie, who are cousins, and tried to leave the room.

But Louie grabbed her arm to prevent her from leaving.

The victim said in a statement that she then felt her vagina being penetrated and she blacked out again.

She said she was still in the room when she came to some time later and took a couple of steps into the hallway before collapsing.

Her sister found her there in the morning with no pants on and bleeding heavily from her vaginal area.

She also had bruises all over her face, head, arms and legs.

Both Louie and Charlie were found sleeping in the room where the assault occurred.

While both denied the charges, Murray said there was enough evidence, including from DNA testing and circumstantial, to find them guilty of the charges.

Murray acknowledged that how the victim was assaulted is unknown, what each man did is unknown and what they assaulted the victim with is unknown.

“What is known is that the victim entered the room with no injuries and she left that room bruised, battered and seriously injured,” she said in her summation.

“While I am uncertain as to whether Mr. Charlie or Mr. Louie personally assaulted the victim or whether they aided and abetted the sexual assault, having considered all the evidence and all the circumstances, I am satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that both accused were parties to the attack on [the victim].”

Sentencing of Charlie and Louie is expected at a later date.



robert.barron@cowichanvalleycitizen.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Comments are closed

Just Posted

Woodyatt seeks help to pursue physics education in London

Kwalikum Secondary product gets accepted to prestigious university in United Kingdom

Nanoose Bay Catspan receives BC SPCA funding

Spay/neuter grant to address overpopulation

Solar system spending, asbestos removal in SD69 plan

Green house gas emission report received at May 22 board meeting

Gr. 7s learn about digital safety, health, consent at con in Parksville

SD69 hosts first Health and Wellness Conference for students headed to high school

Qualicum Beach east village plans take shape

Staff moving forward with east village concept

Trans Mountain pipeline: Is it worth the risk?

Concerns range from the threat of an oil spill to the impact of tanker traffic on wildlife

B.C. to spend $181M to create 200 general practitioner jobs

Jobs will go to new medical school graduates

Federal leaders trade barbs about India trip at press gallery dinner

Justin Trudeau’s infamous trip to India earlier this year was the focus of many of the jabs

B.C. VIEWS: Our poverty reduction plan is already in place

NDP has another promise it needs to appear to keep

WestJet pilot strike averted as parties agree to mediation

Pilots had warned they could go on strike starting May 19

Most Read