The nomination period for the upcoming municipal election (Oct. 20) ended on Friday, Sept. 14 at 4 p.m.
For Parksville, the list of candidates according to the Town of Parksville’s manager of communications, Deb Tardiff, as of 4 p.m. Sept. 14 are as follows:
– Antonio Farinha, mayor
– Christopher Long, mayor
– Ed Mayne, mayor
– Kirk Oates, mayor
– Kim Burden, councillor
– Mark Chandler, councillor
– Adam Fras, councillor
– Al Greir, councillor
– Richard W Honaizer, councillor
– Doug O’Brien, councillor
– Teresa Patterson, councillor
– Paul Reitsma, councillor
– Mark Stephens, councillor
– Amanda Wagner, councillor
– Marilyn Wilson, councillor
There are six councillor positions.
Candidates have until 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21 to withdraw if they wish.
For Qualicum Beach the list of candidates according to the Town of Qualicum Beach’s website as of 4 p.m. Sept. 14 are as follows:
– Anne Skipsey, mayor
– Brian Wiese, mayor
– Barry Avis, councillor
– Robert Filmer, councillor
– Scott Harrison, councillor
– Neil Horner, councillor
– Douglas MacKay-Dunn, councillor
– Adam Walker, councillor
– Teunis Westbroek, councillor
– Dave Willie, councillor
– Jean Young, councillor
There are four councillor positions in Qualicum Beach.
SCHOOL DISTRICT 69
For School District 69 (Qualicum), the list of trustee candidates as of 4 p.m. Sept. 14 are as follows:
– Eve Flynn for Area E
– Julie Austin for Area F
– Laura Godfrey for Area G
– R. Elaine Young for Area G
– Barry Kurland for Area H
As SD69 has two trustee spots for Area G and one for Areas E, F and H, the candidates look to be elected by acclamation.
However, the period for challenge of a candidate expires at 4 p.m. on Sept. 18, and the period for a candidate to withdraw expires at 4 p.m. Sept. 21.
For the Regional District of Nanaimo, the list of candidates as of 4 p.m. on Sept 14:
– Bob Rogers for Electoral Area E (Nanoose)
– Ceri Peacey for Electoral Area F (Coombs, Hilliers, Errington)
– Leanne Salter for Electoral Area F (Coombs, Hilliers, Errington)
– Clarke Gourlay for Electoral Area G (Dashwood, Englishman River, French Creek)
– Duane Round for Electoral Area G (Dashwood, Englishman River, French Creek)
– Lehann Wallace for Electoral Area G (Dashwood, Englishman River, French Creek)
– Stuart McLean for Electoral Area H (Shaw Hill, Deep Bay, Bowser)
– William Veenhof for Electoral Area H (Shaw Hill, Deep Bay, Bowser)
– Steven Young for Electoral Area H (Shaw Hill, Deep Bay, Bowser)
For other candidate information, visit: https://bc.localelections.ca/candidates/index_m.html
Make www.pqbnews.com your home page for full coverage of local issues up to and after the election.