The Parksville Volunteer Fire Department was called to a possible structure fire at the Skylite Motel in Parksville Tuesday afternoon.
Assistant fire chief Tyrone Heigh said a cigarette butt had gone down “sort of in behind concrete steps” in one of the cabins at the motel, located on Island Highway East between Shelly Road and Mills Street.
“It looks like it probably got going in some of the fall off from the cedar trees that are right there beside the cabin,” he said. “There was nothing other than the burned bit at the front.”
— NEWS Staff