PARKSVILLE — Do you know a great dog name that starts with a ‘D’?
The RCMP is training 10 puppies to work as police dogs and they’re holding a contest to name them.
The deadline for entries is March 7, 2011. Contest winners and prizes will be announced on April 4.
“This contest provides a tremendous opportunity for Canadian children to take part in a police program that saves lives and protects their neighborhood,” said Inspector Lawrence Aimoe, the officer-in-charge of the the RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre.
• Contestants can suggest only one name (one entry per person). The name may be for a male or a female pup.
• The name must start with the letter “D”.
• The name must have no more than nine letters.
• The name must be one or two syllables.
• Contestants must live in Canada and be 16 years old and under.
To enter, contestants must print their name, age, address, telephone number and the suggested name for a puppy on a postcard and mail it to:
“Name the Puppy Contest”, Police Dog Service Training Centre, Box 6120, Innisfail, AB, T4G 1S8.
— The News