Image from Enbridge.

NEB approves operating pressure increase to repaired Enbridge pipeline

The pipeline burst outside of Prince George on Oct. 9, now operating at 85 per cent

Enbridge has announced the company will be increasing the operating pressure of the T-South natural gas transmission system to 85 per cent.

This increase from the current 80 per cent operating pressure is an effort to restore the natural gas transmission following the Oct. 9 rupture of their 36-inch pipeline 13.5 km north of Prince George.

“Enbridge expects this will allow us to gradually increase capacity from the current 0.9 Bcf/d to approximately 1 Bcf/d at the Huntingdon area by November 22, 2018,” states a release issued by the company on Nov. 17.

The repairs to the pipeline were completed as of Oct. 31 and, since then, crews have been working to return it to service. The increase of operating pressure was approved by the National Energy Board.

“As part of our ongoing commitment to safety, Enbridge is continuing our comprehensive integrity program on our T-South system. Enbridge is advancing this work prior to restoring the entire system to 100 per cent of normal operating pressure,” states the Nov. 17 release. “These integrity assessments, which may include integrity digs and inline pipeline inspections, are being done on a segment-by-segment basis, focusing first on segments that maximize system capacity increases while the system is safely brought back to higher operating pressure.”

To report a typo, email: editor@pentictonwesternnews.com.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Qualicum school district board reiterates support for 8-lane track at Ballenas Secondary

Officials pen another letter to Regional District of Nanaimo to clarify position

Public health forum in Parksville Jan. 30

Island Health will provide an update for the region

Cinema society concerned about bus garage property sale in Qualicum Beach

Group planned on commissioning a feasibility study for multi-use cinema

VIDEO: Feds look to help 126 Canadians quarantined in China for coronavirus

China has confirmed more than 4,500 cases of the new virus, with more than 100 deaths

Off-duty Nanaimo Mountie takes down would-be ice cream thief

Suspect attempted to steal Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen location on Sunday

Sap thief taps Saanich park maple trees, faces hefty fine

One tree found with four taps in Mount Doug Park

Nanaimo man hit with pole in dispute over off-leash dog

RCMP say no charges recommended at this time

Was there a tornado on Vancouver Island Monday?

Suspected phone app glitch gives eerie warning

Work has started on Malahat Skywalk, expected completion in 2021

$15-million project expected to open in spring, 2021

B.C. reports first coronavirus in Vancouver region

First patient visited Wuhan, China, reported symptoms

Uber threatens legal action to ‘defend its right’ to operate in Surrey

‘I have no concerns,’ Mayor Doug McCallum replies

Victoria resident says WestJet employee uttered racist comment, refused to let her on plane

Customer claims she was told ‘You guys can’t handle your alcohol’ by WestJet employee

Most Read