The Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock is set to pedal its way from Port Alice to Victoria on Sept. 22.
The activities leading up to the 1,100-kilometre tour of Vancouver Island have been ramping up in the last couple of weeks. Here in Parksville Qualicum Beach, different fundraisers have been held and continue to happen.
One of them is happening this coming Saturday, Sept. 15, at Save On Foods from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is a fundraiser organized by the Oceanside RCMP.
Several cop cars, RCMP Tour de Rock riders and the Tactical Assault Vehicle will be in attendance for people to see.
Allison Roberts with RLC Parks at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is this year’s rider for Parksville Qualicum Beach.
Another fundraiser is Eat Pizza and Help Kids at all Vancouver Island Boston Pizza locations, which includes the one in Parksville.
For any large pizza sold, including takeout and delivery orders, $5 will be be donated to the Tour de Rock.
The PQB News and Black Press are sponsors of Tour de Rock, which raises funds to put an end to childhood cancer.
Sept 22-Oct 5 – Tour de Rock
• Saturday, Sept. 22- Travel by vehicle, Port Alice
• Sunday, Sept. 23 – Port Alice, Port Hardy, Port McNeill 97km
• Monday, Sept. 24 – Port McNeill, Woss, Sayward 140km
• Tuesday, Sept. 25 – Sayward, Campbell River 74km
• Wednesday, Sept. 26 – Campbell River, Comox Valley 60km
• Thursday, Sept. 27 – Comox Valley, Qualicum/Parksville 81km
• Friday, Sept. 28 – Parksville, Port Alberni 51km
• Saturday, Sept. 29 – Port Alberni, Ucluelet 102km
• Sunday, Sept. 30 – Tofino, Nanaimo 35km
• Monday, Oct. 1 – Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Chemainus 48km
• Tuesday, Oct. 2 – Chemainus, Lake Cowichan, Duncan 81km
• Wednesday, Oct. 3 – Duncan, Shawnigan Lake, Mill Bay, Sooke, Westshore 78km
• Thursday, Oct. 4- Oak Bay/Victoria, Sidney 40km
• Friday, Oct. 5 – Esquimalt, Saanich, Victoria 40km
• Friday, Oct. 5- Spirit Square Finale