The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce has announced its 2017 Parksville & District Business Achievement Awards, and opened nominations for the event, which will be held March 15, 2018, at the Parksville Community and Conference Centre.
These awards are an opportunity for the public to recognize and honour businesses and individuals that have made outstanding contributions to the community over the past year.
Categories and their selection criteria include:
• Service Excellence Award: presented to an individual or business who consistently offers exceptional service and goes beyond customer expectations;
• Small Business of the Year: recognizes a small business that has fewer than 10 employees, has made an outstanding contribution to the community and has a reputation for providing superior customer service.
• Large Business of the Year: recognizes a large business with 10 employees or more, which has made an outstanding contribution to the community and has a reputation for providing superior customer service.
• Outstanding Workplace — Employer of the Year: recognizes the business that goes above and beyond for their employees and provides the best overall place to work. For these businesses, culture and a happy, healthy work environment for staff is very important.
• Young Professional of the Year: honors a business professional under the age of 35 who has excelled in business and has exemplified leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
• Not for Profit of the Year: must be a registered not-for-profit business, has demonstrated continual business excellence through positive business growth and embraced an outstanding commitment to quality and to the community.
• Community Spirit Award, sponsored by the City of Parksville: recognizes a business or individual that has demonstrated exceptional commitment to developing and encouraging community spirit and pride.
Anyone can nominate a deserving business or individual online, by viewing www.parksvillechamber.com and selecting “Events” at the top of the page for the nomination form. The deadline to nominate is: Feb. 8, 2018.
— NEWS staff and PDCC submission