Oceanside RCMP received 319 complaints the week of July 26 to Aug. 1.
Some of the complaints included:
• Oceanside RCMP were dispatched to check on the well-being of an Oceanside Community Safety client of the Keeping in Touch program. Client was found to be in good health.
• A small, silver locket was found in the 400 block of Despard Avenue West, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A blue Raleigh Adrenaline bike was found in the 300 block of Rheumer Crescent, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A local resident was reported scammed of thousands of dollars when they received a call purportedly from Canada Revenue Agency for tax evasion and to deposit money at a Bitcoin machine. Canada Revenue Agency will not request payments in bitcoin or gift cards.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 900 block of Eaglecrest Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A Toguard brand dashcam and Bushnell brand binoculars were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Bernard Avenue, Parksville.
• A 14.5-foot blue-and-white Delta kayak was reported stolen in the 3500 block of Dolphin Drive, Nanoose Bay.
• A blue High Sierra bag was found in the area of Craig Street and Despard Avenue, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A vehicle decal badge was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Springhill Road, Parksville.
• B.C. licence plate 8948DY was reported stolen from a vehicle in the Rathtrevor Provincial Park.
• Three fishing rods, fishing tackle and a Scottie Downrigger were reported stolen from a boat in the 1000 block of Lee Road East, Parksville.
• Damage was reported to a utility substation in the 600 block of Alberni Highway, Parkville.
• A yellow, 21-speed mountain bike was reported stolen in the 100 block of Woodland Drive, Parksville.
• Two vehicles were reported rummaged through with cash and credit cards stolen in the area of Melrose Road and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach. Doors to both vehicles were damaged.
• A kitchen window was reported broken with a rock in the 800 block of Wembley Road, Parksville\.
• A Santa Cruz Heckler 9-speed bicycle was reported stolen in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A Polaris 300 brand quad was reported stolen in the 500 block of Martindale Road, Parksville. It was recovered the same day at the Englishman River.
• A red-coloured 18-speed mountain bike was reported stolen in the 400 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville.
• A black leather wallet and contents were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Wheeler Avenue, Parksville.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. Nothing was reported missing.
• An unlocked vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 1600 block of Strougler Road, Nanoose Bay.
• A Norco Charger 9.3 bicycle was reported stolen in the 400 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted