Trucks, cash, booze, a cellphone, even breath mints and a Toronto Maple Leafs hat were among the stolen items listed as Oceanside RCMP dealt with 322 complaints during the week of April 14-20.
Some of the complaints included:
• Police were called to a site in the 200 block of Dogwood Street, Parksville, for a reported break and enter. Caller reported material was being removed from a construction site.
• A business reported a break-in in the 600 block of First Street, Qualicum Beach. Some $800 damage was done to an electrical room but nothing reported stolen.
• A business in the 600 block of Primrose Street, Qualicum Beach, was broken into overnight. Entry was gained by smashing a glass door
• A resident reported the theft of cash from two unlocked vehicles in the 500 block of Rowan Drive, Qualicum Beach
• Money and an iPod was taken from an unlocked motor vehicle in the 500 block of Birch Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• A break and enter was reported in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville. Suspects damaged a fence and entered a shed on the property.
• A truck was reportedly stolen from a property in the 1000 block of Tara Crescent, Parksville.
• An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 700 block of Camas Way, Parksville. Nothing was reportedly stolen or damaged but a sealed case of beer was found on the property.
• Two unlocked vehicles were rummaged through in the 300 block of Hirst Avenue, Parksville. The only thing reported missing were breath mints.
• A Champion 7800 watt generator was stolen from a property in the 2100 block of Errington Road, Errington.
• A resident reported that overnight, a vehicle in the 500 block of Willow Street, Parksville, was rummaged through. Reported stolen were keys, phone charger and change.
• RCMP were called to report a business in the 900 block of Church Road, Parksville, advising of a break and enter. Reported stolen were an iMac computer, Apple accessories, a key lock box, a laptop and a Canon camera.
• RCMP received a report of a break and enter to a business in the 700 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. Items reportedly stolen were cash, alcohol, food and hardware.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 3500 block of Outrigger Road, Nanoose Bay, was reportedly rummaged through. Reportedly stolen were keys, a briefcase, personal identification and a cellphone.
• An alarm was received from a business in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. Entry was gained by damaging a lock on an entrance door.
• Two unlocked vehicles in the 500 block of Crescent Road, Qualicum Beach, were breached. Reported stolen was a Garmin GPS and money.
• Two unlocked vehicles in the 700 block of West Ridge Way, Qualicum Beach, were reported rummaged through. Reported stolen were a leather wallet, pocket knife, hunting knife and a blue case iPod Nano.
• Items were stolen from property in the 1200 block of Rathtrevor Road, Parksville. Items reportedly stolen included rakes, yard tools, deer camera, and motion lights.
• A merchant in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs, reported a door alarm went off and empty hangers were reported near the front door.
• A shed was broken into in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville. There was damage to a fence on the property in addition to loss of a Costco style gas pressure washer.
• Major damage and theft from a business in the 100 block of Fourth Avenue, Qualicum Beach was reported. Reportedly stolen were more than $2,500 of Weiser electronic dead bolts.
• Loose change was reportedly stolen from two unlocked vehicles in the 500 block of Juniper Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• Loose change was reportedly stolen from two unlocked vehicles in the 200 block of Saturna Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• Reported to RCMP that overnight a concrete half-moon lawn ornament was taken from a property in the 1000 block of Osprey Way, Parksville.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Quatina Road, Qualicum Beach, was rummaged through. Missing were an emergency kit, earthquake kit and change.
• A men’s black Schwinn 18-speed bicycle with twisted style handlebars was reported stolen in the 100 block of Hickey Avenue, Parksville.
• A truck was stolen in the 1200 block of Sunrise Drive, Parksville. The truck had a welding box containing a welder, spools, torches and tanks.
A Toronto Maple Leafs hat was the only item reported missing from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of Redwood Drive, Qualicum Beach.
—NEWS Staff, submitted
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.