Oceanside RCMP received 194 complaints the week of March 27 to April 2.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville. Damage to the front door was noted and merchandise was strewn about.
• A garden gnome and cement butterfly were reported stolen from a property in the 600 block of Avon Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A Standard Horizon HX 40 marine VHF radio, MSR Dragon Fly camping stove and MSR Hubba tent were some of the items reported stolen from a property in the 600 block of Redwood Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• Two prawn traps and a five-gallon gas can were reported stolen from a property in the 600 block of Redwood Drive, Qualicum Beach. The gas can was recovered a short distance away.
• Two white/black RadRover 6 Plus electric bicycles were reported stolen in the 400 block of Wembley Road, Parksville.
• A local resident was scammed out of over $30,000 responding to a Microsoft virus pop up and allowing remote access to their computer.
• A large, black, two-foot diameter Terracotta pot with a bamboo plant was reported stolen from a front porch in the 600 block of Redwood Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A vehicle window was reported broken in the 100 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 600 block of Foxtail Avenue, Parksville. Vehicle was recovered by police eight hours later.
• Twelve 16-inch paving stones were reported stolen from a property in the 1200 block of Saturna Drive, Parksville.
• A concrete statue of a lady and a green-coloured carboy were reported stolen from a property in the 400 block of Dogwood Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A three-foot tall metal giraffe valued at $300 was reported stolen in the 300 block of Church Road, Parksville.
• A storage locker break-end-enter was reported in the 1500 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted