Oceanside RCMP received 212 complaints the week of March 1-7.
Some of the incidents included:
• A wallet was reported stolen form an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• An Arlo Pro video camera valued at $230 was reported stolen from a property break-and-enter in the 200 block of Moilliet Street South, Parksville.
• Various hand tools, grinders and a Stihl 661 chainsaw were reported stolen from a vehicle bolt down tool box in the 2400 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• B.C. vehicle plate MT9177 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2100 block of Saddle Drive, Nanoose Bay.
• A donation bin was reported pilfered in the 100 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A company credit card was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2100 block of Lodgepole Drive, Parksville.
• A merchant was reportedly assaulted when confronting a shoplifter in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue, Parksville.
• A local resident was a reported victim of a computer fraud. A pop up message appeared and the victim clicked allowing the perpetrator to eventually gain access to banking information.
• Two chained propane tanks were stolen from a property in the 3200 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Dolphin Drive, Nanoose Bay.
• A resident reported a theft from a motor vehicle in the 200 block of James Street, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. Damage was reported to be $500.
• A gym bag with clothing, shoes and sunglasses were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of Dorcas Point Road, Nanoose Bay.
• A long black coat, a grey with yellow strap cooler bag and heart medication was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Larkspur Place, Parksville.
• A gift card was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Finholm Street, Parksville.
• A black-and-orange Bombardier Nishiki bike was recovered from the Parksville Community Park. Please contact the Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111 extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted