Oceanside RCMP received 252 complaints the week of June 6 to June 12.
Some of the incidents included:
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 1600 block of Nahmint Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Two 30-pound propane tanks were reported stolen in the 800 block of Berwick Road south, Qualicum Beach.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with a broken window in the area of Jensen Avenue East and Corfield Street South, Parksville.
• A prowler was reported to have smashed a residential window in the 6700 block of Island Highway West, Bowser.
• A garbage can was reported stolen from a residence in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 600 block of Arbutus Street, Parksville.
• A child’s bicycle was found in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• B.C. utility trailer plate UBM99S was reported stolen in the 800 block of Mariner Way, Parksville.
• A Norco 10-speed bike was found in the 100 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A Matte Black mountain bike with pink striped tires was reported stolen in the 300 block of Banks Avenue East, Parksville.
An attempted business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Fern Road East, Qualicum Beach. An out building was noted to have had minor damage.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 300 block of Crome Point Road, Deep Bay. The vehicle was located in Lake Cowichan. The investigation is ongoing.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted