Oceanside RCMP received 321 complaints the week of Aug. 28 to Sept. 4.
Some of the files included:
• An election campaign sign was reported vandalized in the 1200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• Graffiti was reported on a bench and building in the area of Hirst Avenue East and Craig Street Parksville.
• Clothing was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1200 block of Oceanside Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A pair of sunglasses and a number of small items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of Johnstone Road, Parksville.
• A portable toilet and surrounding grass were reported set on fire in the 500 block of Soriel Road, Parksville. The portable was completely destroyed.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 100 block of Hamilton Avenue, Parksville.
• Elections signs were reported vandalized in the 2400 block of Collins Crescent, Nanoose Bay.
• A Monster Adventurer Force portable speaker was found in the 100 block of Lee Road East, on August 31. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• Nighttime prowlers were reported in the 800 block of Parkside Crescent, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A black-and-white backpack containing clothing and toiletries was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Middleton Avenue, Parksville.
• B.C. trailer plate UXH93J was reported stolen in the 1900 block of Sea Lion Crescent, Nanoose Bay.
• Property was reported vandalized in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville.
• An iPhone 8, wallet and cash were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. RCMP recovered the wallet a short distance away.
• A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Hilliers Road, Qualicum Beach. A gate was damaged and a vehicle stolen but was recovered nearby.
• Two pieces of sheet metal and a garbage can were reported stolen in the 1000 block of Bellevue Road, Parksville.
• Prowlers were reported to have damaged a backyard pond and waterfall in the 200 block of McKinnon Street, Parksville.
• Garbage was reported strewn on a business property in the 900 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted