Oceanside RCMP received 240 complaints the week of March 8-14.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1100 block of Franklins Gull Way, Parksville. Some items reported stolen were three Makita 18V cordless impact/hammer drill combo kit, King 2000W inverter generator and Makita LXT 12-inch chainsaw.
• Thieves attempted to steal fuel from vehicles in the 1300 block of Winchester Road, Coombs.
• Four vehicles were reported to have had $5,000 damage to them located in the 600 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville. Appears catalytic converters and/or fuel were the targets for the damage.
• Change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Bagshaw Street, Parksville.
• A resident mistakenly gave out personal banking information to an unsolicited phone call claiming to be from Service Canada. The Government of Canada will not phone asking for banking information.
• A resident responded to an email advising they won the lottery and needed to provide banking information. Money was fraudulently withdrawn on two separate occasions.
• B.C. licence plate PM578P was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Lakes Boulevard in Parksville.
• A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 800 block of Tribune Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A Lenovo laptop valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from a business in the 700 block of Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• A black Rocky Mountain Cardiac bike was reported stolen in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A Milwaukee impact drill with battery was reported stolen from a locked vehicle in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• An Omen laptop valued at $3,000 and a debit card were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street South, Parksville.
• A vehicle was rummaged through in the 200 block of Hirst Street West, Parksville
• An HP laptop was reported stolen from a property in the 300 block of Palm Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A 1993 Chevrolet G20 Commercial Van, BC plate MR3260, was reported stolen from a work site in Parksville.
• An observant RCMP officer was able to apprehend and charge a suspect with mischief under $5,000 for spraying graffiti on a cable/electrical distribution box in the area of Hirst Avenue West and Pym Street South, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 300 block of Moilliet Street South Parksville and recovered later that day in Port Alberni.
• A cellphone and change were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of Quatsino Road, Qualicum Beach. The RCMP were provided a video of the thief.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111 extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted