Oceanside RCMP received 196 complaints the week of Jan. 19-25.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1100 block of Belevue Road, Parksville. There was damage to the building and a laptop was stolen. Surveillance video was provided to the RCMP.
• A break-and-enter to a detached room was reported in the 900 block of Allenby Road, Parksville.
• A motor vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 300 block of Blower Road, Parksville.
• Change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Philips Street, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 100 block of Meridian Way, Parksville.
• A lock was reported cut from a shed in the 300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A pair of black door rubber/magnetic stoppers valued $150 were reported stolen from two vehicles in the 2700 block of Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach. Surveillance video was provided to the RCMP.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1400 block of Springhill Road, Parksville. RCMP arrested a suspect in the vicinity of the crime.
• A large quantity of propane tanks were stolen from a business in the 6800 block of Island Highway West, Bowser. Security video was obtained.
• A heat pump was damaged and the metal surrounding including wires were reported stolen in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
• A 12-inch by 12-inch safe and a pair of speakers were reported stolen from a business in the 300 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A flare gun and four flares were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1500 block of Maron Trail, Parksville.
• A fence was reported damaged in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A property was reported vandalized with graffiti in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• Locks were reported cut on a secure area for dumpsters in the 100 block of Memorial Avenue, Parksville. Items were strewn about.
• A resident in Qualicum Beach was reported defrauded by someone posing as an on-line Gmail Support person who was given access to their computer and the resident was asked to pay for the service by buying Google Play cards.
• A driveway gate was reported damaged in the 1300 block of Memorial Avenue, Errington.
• A walker was reported stolen in the 400 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville.
• An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through in the 100 block of Hoylake Road East, Qualicum Beach. A multi-tool was left behind.
• A vehicle was reported damaged and rummaged through in the 200 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111 extension 7.
– NEWS Staff, submitted