Oceanside RCMP received 277 complaints the week of April 11 to April 17.
Some of the incidents included:
• Food, liquor and propane tanks were reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 100 block of Morrison Avenue, Parksville.
• A vacuum hose was reported stolen from a business in the 400 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. RCMP contacted a suspect and the item was returned.
• A business was reported vandalized in the 2500 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. A suspect was identified by the RCMP from a surveillance video.
• A counterfeit $5 Canadian bill was reported received by a local financial institution in the 800 block of island Highway West, Parksville.
• A homemade metal ramp was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
• A prowler was reported in the 200 block of McVickers Street, Parksville.
• A delivery package was reported stolen from a doorstep in the 1100 block of Smithers Road, Parksville.
• Five feet of copper wire was reported stolen from the communication tower in the 100 block of Rupert road East, Qualicum Beach.
• An attempted break-and-enter was reported to a water utility facility in the Gainsberg Road and Island Highway West, Bowser. The roadway gate was vandalized and the audible alarm was still sounding when authorities arrived to the facility.
• Postal boxes were reported vandalized in the 400 block of Martindale Road, Parksville. It did not appear that mail was compromised.
• A break-and-enter to a storage container was reported in the 300 block of Crome Point road, Bowser. The container held old research equipment.
• A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 1600 block of Errington Road, Errington. A chainsaw and various items were recorded as missing.
• B.C. licence plate JP679J and a battery were reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Melrose Road and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach. There was damage noted to the vehicle hood, door handle and catalytic converter.
• Vandal(s) were reported to have damaged a $17K wash pump in the 800 block of Redman Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A transit bus window was reported broken by a male passenger at the Deep Bay Marina, Bowser.
• Vulgar graffiti was reported painted on baseball dugouts in the area of 700 Jones Street, Qualicum Beach. Town of Qualicum Beach staff were dispatched after-hours to remove.
• Five vehicles at a car dealership were reported to have had their tires slashed in the 300 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted