The Regional District of Nanaimo is updating its Solid Waste Management Plan.
The draft of the plan will be updated for review soon.
It addresses both waste diversion and residual waste management and will serve to guide solid waste management related activities and policy development in the RDN over the coming years.
A series of public meetings are going to be held in Parksville, Qualicum Beach, and Electoral Areas E, F, G and H to give residents an opportunity to review, ask questions and provide feedback on the plan and the proposed update.
The scheduled public meetings are as follows:
• Electoral Area E at Fairwinds Centre (3730 Fairwinds Dr., Nanoose Bay) Sept. 21, 6-8 p.m.
• Electoral Area F at Bradley Centre (975 Shearme Rd., Coombs) Oct. 12, 6-8 p.m.
• Electoral Area G, Parksville Community &Conference Centre (132 E. Jensen Ave., Parksville) Tuesday, Sept. 19, 6-8 p.m.; Qualicum Beach Civic Centre (747 Jones St., Qualicum Beach) Monday, Oct. 23, 6-8 p.m.
• Electoral Area H, Bowser Legion Hall (1035 Island Highway W., Bowser) Monday, Oct. 2, 6-8 p.m.
• Parksville, Parksville Community &Conference Centre, Tuesday, Sept. 19, 6-8 p.m.
• Qualicum Beach, Qualicum Beach Civic Centre, Monday, Oct. 23, 6-8 p.m.
Residents can also learn more by contacting Solid Waste Services at 250-390-6560, or toll-free within B.C. at 1-877-607-4111, or by emailing inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.