Paul Reitsma is seeking a seat on Parksville city council.
“This election is one of the most important ones in recent times,” Reitsma said in a news release. “The long-term future of Parksville matters and will be shaped by difficult decisions to be made.”
“Parksville is in good financial shape, however as a resident and tax payer I am concerned we may be considering choices that will put us in a position of high long term debt and taxes,” Reitsma continued. “I believe experience, making decisions and being a good listener are important qualities to be considered as you choose who will be representing you on council.”
Reitsma said his goals are:
• No tax increase in first year, minimal the next three years.
• Affordable long-term secure potable water supply.
• Vigorous promotion of our area as a tourist destination.
• Businesslike approach to city hall.
• Foster respect and being a team player.
• Accept decisions made by the majority.
Reitsma said his experience includes:
• Owned and operated a small business for 35 years.
• Parksville Mayor (1987–1996) / Port Alberni councillor (1980-1981), mayor (1981–1983).
• Served as regional director for 10 years.
• Served on parent’s advisory committees during my children’s school years.
“Vote as you please, but please vote,” said Reitsma. “Your vote matters.”
Are you running for office on Nov. 15? Let our readers know by sending 200 words or less about yourself and why you are running, along with a head-and-shoulders photo, to: