The 2021 Tour De Rock will be in Parksville Qualicum Beach on Friday, Sept. 23.
Th 23rd annual bike ride has a different format. It features alumni riders, who will ride different legs of the more than 1,200 kilometre distance. The tour started from Port Alice on Sept. 20 and will conclude in Victoria.
The team that will pedal through the Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni and Tofino segment of the tour consists of former riders Samantha Caram, Cassie Loveless, Kim Laidman, Simon Douthwaite and Ben Hughes.
They will make a number of stops on Friday that include:
• 8-8:30 a.m. — The Bayside Oceanfront Resort, 240 Dogwood St.
• 8:37-8:52 a.m. — Tim Hortons Parksville, 494 Island Hwy E
• 9:44-9:59 a.m. — Dashwood Fire Hall, 230 Hobbs Rd., Qualicum Beach
• 10:21-10:41 a.m. — Kwalikum Secondary School, 266 Village Way
• 10:48-11:03 a.m. — Arrowview Elementary School, 650 Bennett Rd.
• 11:15-11:45 a.m. — Bailey’s Cafe, 670 Primrose St.
• 12:24-1:24 p.m. — Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce Visitor Centre, 1275 E. Island Hwy
• 1:33 p.m. — Thrifty Foods, 280 Island Highway
• 1:38-1:48 p.m. — The Bayside Oceanfront Resort, 240 Dogwood St.
The tour aims to raise $650,000, the amount raised last year, about half the usual goal.
— NEWS Staff