(File art)

LETTER: Smoke from wood-burning fireplaces is offensive and unhealthy

Fall has arrived and with it the toxic fume season has returned.

Wood-burning fireplaces are starting up, spewing irritating toxic smoke around our neighbourhoods.

If you live out in the countryside away from neighbours fine, enjoy your fires. But in the middle of town it’s offensive and unhealthy.

READ MORE: Your letters here

Many people are affected by a few. Please be considerate and do not burn wood in fireplaces.

Richard Hampton

Parksville

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter 

Letters to the editorParksville

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up