Our right to die

Does religion have something to do with our antiquated laws?

So the Supreme Court of Canada has ruled against the Supreme Court of B.C. in the Right to Die with Dignity law.

How did our society come to this situation, whereby 25 per cent of our population can overrule the other 75 per cent?

Who are the people that have this power? Is it the need to update the Constitution? Does religion have anything to do with it?

I know the French part of Canada is not at fault — Quebec is part of the 75 per cent in favor of the right to die movement.

How do we get the attention of the Members of Parliament who voted against this movement a few years ago? They clearly did not listen to their constituents.

Please ask each MP now and at election time how they stand on this issue and demand that they truly represent the people who elected them.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court of Canada is not elected and remain 100 years behind.

W.H. Martin





Just Posted

Annual pickleball tournament fills up quickly

Two-day event to take place indoors at Oceanside Place May 24-25

Lighthouse Country bus tour to focus on area’s tourism destinations

Business assocation wants more tourists to come to the area

Flock of spinners holding fleece and fibre fair in Coombs

Annual event raises money for Bradley Centre, supports local producers and vendors

BC Ferries CEO, president speaks to Parksville and Qualicum Beach chambers

Guest asks about Vancouver Island resident discount fares

Local plant artist featured in national exhibit and in Qualicum Beach

Sherry Mitchell showing in Ottawa and at The Gallery at Qualicum Art Supply

VIDEO: After the floods, comes the cleanup as Grand Forks rebuilds

Business owners in downtown wonder how long it will take for things to go back to normal

Horgan defends fight to both retain and restrict Alberta oil imports

Alberta says pipeline bottlenecks are kneecapping the industry, costing millions of dollars a day

B.C. Transit shows off NextRide bus technology

New technology allows for real-time tracking, to be rolled out through early 2019

Police release video on how to ‘run, hide, fight’ if there’s an active shooter

Vancouver police offer video with input from E-Comm, BC EHS, Vancouver Fire and Rescue

RCMP caution boaters after two kids pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning

Both children were given oxygen and taken to hospital

B.C. invests $115M to create 200 new nurse practitioner jobs

Health Minister says 780,000 B.C. residents don’t have a family doctor

Supreme Court rules social housing residents in B.C. deserve rights too

Tenants trying to stabilize their living situations should not face less legal rights than those paying market rates: Judge

Union calls on prime minister to step into ‘stalled’ Phoenix compensation talks

For more than two years, thousands of federal workers have been affected by Phoenix system

Judge: President Trump can’t block critics on Twitter

The judge had suggested that Trump mute rather than block some of his critics

Most Read