Rattlers can kill

I thought a snake bit would be simple to resolve, but not so

Snakes are dangerous. When I got bit in Palm Springs, I didn’t realize how serious a rattlesnake bite was.

I thought i would just have to have a shot in the arm of anti-venom and that would be it. Not so. After two-and-a-half weeks, I was released from hospital and was given permission to fly home.

I spent my recovery in Loma Linda, California under the watchful eye of Dr. Sean Bush, world-renowned snake-bite guru. He and his staff were terrific and got me back on my feet.

On arrival back in Parksville, I was overwhelmed by the number of phone calls, e-mails and cards I received from well-wishers. What a friendly city we have.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those who had me in their prayers and wished me a speedy recovery.

Al Greir

 

Parksville