After attending the recent open house regarding the proposed Corfield St./Jenson Greenspace Extension plan, the following comments and observations were noted.
• The proposal should include sidewalks on “both” sides of Corfield from 19A to Stanford, as opposed to the plan showing no sidewalk from the Co-Op Gas bar proceeding North on Corfield.
• A commercial truck loading zone should be included on Corfield adjacent to the Liquor Depot, so as to allow for safe unloading of trucks delivering to the Corfield Plaza merchants.
• The Green linear park proposal from Jensen thru to McCarter will be an excellent feature for Pedestrian/bikeway access.
• The Community Garden participants should be consulted prior to pathway construction and decide if additional space is required.
• After the Certified Arborist is finished with dangerous tree removals, the City of Parksville parks staff should be utilized to develop and create an appropriate low maintenance park.
• The talented staff can work at it as time allows and provide their valuable expertise.
• City of Parksville has the equipment and staff that can transform this greenspace into a jewel for citizens and visitors.