The new-look Ravensong Aquatic Center is open for business, and business is good.
Contacted at her RAC office Monday, Sandra Pearson, Superintendent of Aquatics and Northern Recreation services said, “Overall it has been greatly rewarding, a real pleasure and overwhelmingly positive to welcome our residents back into their facility and enjoying the full benefits of the revitalized pool.
“Our staff likewise have been very pleased to return to serving our public (and) we appreciate patrons ongoing patience and positive communication regarding ongoing requests and work in the facility.”
AT A GLANCE
According to Sandra;
• For the partial month of December 13-31 (excluding Dec. 25, 26) there were 4,832 drop-ins to the pool, averaging 302 per day. This was an increase of 34 people per day from 2009 attendance figures in the same time period.
• Wed, Dec. 22, Santa Swim, saw the pool attracting over 160 participants, with a line-up in the lobby waiting to get in.
• New pool toy has been much appreciated especially by children and the youth.
• New membership (with photo) cards have been well-received and is making it quicker for patrons to get into the change rooms for their exercise. Many patrons chose to get their new cards at Oceanside Place prior to opening.
• As of January 17, the 9 to 10 a.m. aquafit classes had 26 participants in Deep Water Aquafit, and 50 in Shallow Aquafit classes.
• Swimming lesson registration is almost full.
• The facility is consistently working out new systems and identifying project deficiencies.
The project management company, Venture Pacific, is completing deficiency work; department staff have ordered shower bars, brackets, and shower curtains.
• Overall the pool is extremely busy, well used, and reviews have been extremely positive.