The wind was in abundance for race number three of the Fall Colours Series on Sunday.
The 15-knot breeze carried the boats around the seven-mile course in quick order with only about one minute between the first four finishers.
A bit of comic relief was added by the crew of Freewind, who chose to hoist there spinnaker sideways rather than using the accepted method of sending the top of the sail to the masthead.
Then to make matters worse, they managed to drop it in the water while taking it down. Not a good day for them as more misfortune followed putting them in sixth place.
The fourth race of the Fall Colours series is scheduled for this Sunday, November 2.
Race Three Results
Vessel Skipper Time
1. Calais Ralph Hunter 1:27:35
2. Shingebiss Neal Berger 1:28:43
3. Amazing Grace Tim Rann 1:28:47
4. Flight Brian Robinson 1:31:59
5. Spud John Collins 1:43:05
6. Freewind Richard Hudson 1:44:40
7. After Five Andrea Boudreau DNF