As Parksville Qualicum Beach area residents deal with the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a significant impact on local businesses.
In order to help spread a message to all of those customers the PQB News will keep a running tally of business that remain open or have temporarily closed/changed hours of operation.
If you have a short announcement (similar to the ones below) along these lines you’d like to share with the region’s residents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PQB News: Our work continues, though for safety reasons, our office remains closed to the public and we have curtailed print production to once per week, on Wednesdays. Check for up-to-the-minute updates at www.pqbnews.com. General questions can be directed to the publisher at email@example.com; news tips/photos to firstname.lastname@example.org; sales inquiries to email@example.com; circulation questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; and classifieds queries to email@example.com.
• The Brew Coffeehouse in Bowser is open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Saturday for takeout coffee, snacks and lunch for at least the foreseeable future.
• Cultivate Garden & Gift in Parksville (www.cultivategarden.com): Gates are closed but business is open for phone/email orders for parking lot pickup or delivery. Call 250-248-0093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Serious Coffee: Open until 4 p.m. every day. Still serving fresh baking, soups and sandwiches. Now offering curbside pick-up and delivery. 250-586-0188.
• Pacific Prime Restaurant: Though the Beach Club Resort remains open, Pacific Prime Restaurant is now closed for all food service.
• Ship and Shore Restaurant: (in Deep bay) will be opening for takeaway service on Friday April 17 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open only on Fridays and Saturdays starting the 17th. Call 250-757-8399 to place your order and it will be ready for pick up.
• A list of some other restaurants and their hours during the COVID-19 situation can be found here.
• Looking for takeout food? Check here.