Residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach area will have plenty of activities to choose from on Canada Day (Friday, July 1).
Celebrate with activities, presented by the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce, at the Parksville Community Park with entertainment, market vendors, food and family friendly activities.
• Shriners Pancake Breakfast: starts at 7:30 a.m. at the Coastal Community Credit Union Parking Lot;
• Canada Day Parade: starts at 10 a.m., will run from Shelly Road (marshalling station) left onto Island Highway left on Craig Street ending at city hall on Jensen Avenue;
• Opening ceremonies: noon at the Parksville Community Park main stage;
• Kids Stage Entertainment: Innovate Dance Studio 1-2 p.m., The Kerplunks 2:15-3:15 p.m.
• Kids Activities: magic tricks, face painting, air brush tattoos, feather extensions for hair, bouncy castles, rides, kite display, teddy bear toss, Birthday cake, virtual games, Watermelon eating contest at 3:30 p.m.
• Volleyball tournament and drop in 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fireworks Show: Sponsored by Thrifty Foods starts at 10:15 p.m.
• Main Stage Show: Jayden Holman 3:30-4:45 p.m., Moonshine Molly’s 5-6 p.m. , The Beatles Experience 6:15-7:30 p.m., The Femme Fatales 7:45-9 p.m., Johnny Inappropriate 9:15-10:15 p.m. and 10:30-11 p.m.
• Food Trucks: 20+ onsite all day
• Market Vendors: 20+ onsite all day
• Reminder: All Community Park parking is closed for the full day of festivities. There will be no parking available unless you have a disability parking permit to show gate security.
Alternative parking space for public use during the parade:
Two gravel lots on Jensen; Parking lot behind the Career Centre; Gravel parking lot on McCarter; the CCCU parking lot; the Scotia Bank parking lot; the CIBC parking lot.
The town and the Qualicum Beach Legion present a variety of activities as well.
• Pancake breakfast at the Legion, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Parade (noon): Civic Centre to Legion (Veterans Way).
• All-day activities: Activity Village, Balloon Animals, Bean Bag Throw contest, Colouring, Bubbles, Magic Show, Face Painting, Obstacle Course.
• Also: Cake, live music, hamburgers/hot dogs in the afternoon, refreshments and a street dance featuring Dan Hare and the March Hare Band (7:30 p.m.). All events are free.
The Royal Canadian Legion Bowser – Branch 211 presents activities including a Canada Day car show with food, candy floss and more. 11 a.m. 7035 Island Hwy W.
— NEWS Staff, submitted