Oceanside RCMP Cpl. Jesse Foreman confirmed to The NEWS Sept. 22 that the alleged flasher who failed to appear in Nanaimo provincial court Thursday was arrested again.
Foreman said the 44-year-old Parksville man was arrested around noon on Friday and would be taken to provincial court in Nanaimo today.
Earlier on Friday, Foreman told The NEWS the man accused of flashing two young girls failed to appear in provincial court in Nanaimo, ThursdayAt the time, Foreman said there was a warrant out for the suspect’s arrest.
On July 12, RCMP were called to a business in the 100-block of Island Highway in Parksville at about 4 p.m. on July 12 with a report of an “Indecent Act” according to an RCMP news statement. The man was alleged to have exposed himself to three 11-year-old girls.
Two days later, the Oceanside RCMP confirmed the suspect, a 44-year-old Parksville man, had turned himself into the detachment.
The suspect was arrested and released with “numerous conditions,” a release from July 14 states. His name is subject to a court-imposed publication ban, to protect the identities of the victims he is alleged to have offended against.
— NEWS Staff