Oceanside RCMP received 235 complaints the week of Oct. 17 to Oct. 23.
Some of the incidents included:
• A window was reported smashed in a gatehouse in the Rathtrevor Provincial Park, Parksville.
• A building was reported egged in the 700 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A prowler was reported in the 1000 block of Perkin Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A prowler was reported in the 600 block of Doehle Avenue, Parksville.
• A 1992 white Jeep Cherokee, B.C. licence plate LF324K, was reported stolen in the area of Chatsworth Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A Huawei tablet was found in the 700 block of Lilac Road, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A purse and contents were reported stolen from a patron of a business in the 300 block of Island Highway West, Parksville. • A subject was identified and apprehended.
• A blue/black Marin Hawk Hill mountain bike was reported stolen in the 600 block of Soriel Road, Parksville.
• Graffiti was reported sprayed on a building in the 200 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach. Damage was estimated at $200.
• A Canada Post mailbox was reported damaged in the area of Horne Lake Road and Raymur Place, Qualicum. Nothing appeared to be stolen.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 3500 block of Fairwinds Drive, Nanoose Bay.
• An engraved Swiss watch was reported stolen in the 100 block of Despard Avenue East, Parksville.
• A nine-inch throwing knife was found in the 100 block of Despard Avenue, Parksville. Please contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A wire fence was reported damaged in the 400 block of Arbutus Street, Qualicum Beach.
• A trespass of a business compound and theft of a light fixture was reported in the 1300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• Trespassers were reported to have stated a small fire under a set of stairs of a building in the 800 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• Panels to a fence were reported damaged in the 1300 block of Lanyon Drive, Parksville.
• Theft of a street sign was reported in the area of Qualicum Road and Sumac Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• Approximately $2,200 of plants were reported stolen from a business in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. The male suspect used a blue Dodge Van with B.C. licence plate NM8788. The plate had been reported stolen from the Duncan area.
• A car prowling was reported in the 300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted