Oceanside RCMP received 277 complaints the week of May 9 to May 15.
Some of the incidents included:
• Four large rechargeable batteries were reported stolen from a portable electronic roadside sign in the 6900 block of Island Highway West, Bowser.
• A 50-foot garden hose was reported stolen in the 200 block of Elizabeth Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Second Avenue, Qualicum Beach. Jewelry and other valuables noted missing.
• A large 24-inch flower pot was reported stolen in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue West, Parksville. Police provided with video surveillance.
• A prowler was reported climbing on the roof of a building in the 600 bock of Primrose Street, Qualicum Beach.
• Fifteen propane tanks valued at over $1,000 were reported stolen in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A flag was reported stolen from the exterior wall of a business in the 600 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. A subject was captured on video surveillance.
• Heavy duty magnets used to keep a bus door opened were reported stolen in the 800 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 1600 block of Yeo Street, Nanoose Bay.
• Prowlers were reported in the 2500 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• Locks were reported cut off a gated compound in the 200 block of Lions Way, Qualicum Bay.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 600 block of Jones Street, Qualicum Beach.
• A green 2004 Kawasaki KX85 was reported stolen in the 100 block of Hilliers Road North, Qualicum Beach
• Foot care tools, a Dewalt roller case and change were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Finholm Street North, Parksville.
• A prowler was reported in the 400 block of Garrett Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Graffiti was reported on a building in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1200 block of Industrial Way, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted