Oceanside RCMP received 188 complaints the week of April 9 to April 16.
Some of those incidents included:
• A number of devices designed to flatten tires were reported on the fire service road that connects Claymore Avenue and Melrose Road, Qualicum Beach. One vehicle reported having a tire punctured.
• A car prowler was reported in the 200 block of Hobbs Road, Dashwood. A motorist reported that a male attempted to enter their vehicle while pulled over.
• Approximately 200 pounds of scrap copper was reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 400 block of Stanford Avenue East, Parksville. A compound fence was reported damaged as well as a shop trailer.
• A Honda 2500 generator, Stihl chainsaw, Makita power saw, four fishing rods with Penn reels and a fishing box were reported stolen from a secured shipping container in 1400 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2700 block of Alberni Highway, Whiskey Creek.
• Tools, new car parts and a used catalytic converter were reported stolen in a business break-and-enter in the 1700 block of Whistler Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Scrap wood was reported stolen in the 400 block of Doehle Avenue, Parksville.
• A black-and-blue coloured Norco Bush Pilot mountain bike was reported stolen in the 100 block of Pym Street North.
• A black-coloured youth Norco 16-speed and a blue-coloured youth Nakaura 10-speed bike were reported stolen in the 300 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville.
• Two compressors, electric saws and other tools were reported stolen in a residential break-and-enter in the 400 block of Knight Terrace, Qualicum Beach.
• B.C. licence plate WMD11G was reported missing from a vehicle in the 600 block of Church Road, Parksville.
• A female trespasser was reported in the 300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville, on April 16. The apprehended female climbed a fence to collect bottles.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted