Oceanside RCMP received 221 complaints the week of Dec. 5-11.
Some of those incidents included:
• A small fire was reported overnight behind a commercial business in the 1000 block of Bellevue Road, Parksville. No damage to the business.
• A business was vandalized in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Tables were overturned and a small fire was noted to have been lit.
• Credit cards were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville. A woman was arrested and charges are being recommended.
• A mitre saw was reported stolen in the 700 block of Englishman River Road, Errington. A man was arrested and charges are being recommended.
• Money was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Namaqua Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A trespasser were reported in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Noted missing was fresh produce and two flashlights.
• A 400-pound ornamental cannon was reported stolen from a property in the 1600 block Strougler Road, Nanoose Bay.
• Two 100-foot Christmas light display extension cords were reported stolen in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. Decorations were also noted disturbed.
• B.C. licence plate LJ745P was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2600 block of Northwest Bay road, Nanoose Bay.
• A vehicle was reported torched in the 3300 block of Grafton Road, Errington. The vehicle was originally stolen a few days earlier from Parksville.
• A portable GPS was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Anson place, Qualicum Beach.
• Christmas lights were reported vandalized for a second time in the 700 block of Canyon Crescent, Qualicum Beach.
• A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 1400 block of Edwin Road, Qualicum Beach. A male subject was arrested and charges are being recommended.
• A small fire believe to be lit for warmth was discovered outside a business in the 100 block of Morison Street, Parksville. There were no damages.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted