Oceanside RCMP received 264 complaints during the period of Oct. 6-12.
Some of those incidents included:
• A business in the 100 block of Middleton Avenue, Parksville, was tagged with graffiti. Graffiti is recommended to be removed within 24 hours.
• A ‘super’ mailbox in the 2400 block of Flower Road, Qualicum Beach, was reported to have had its lock cut off. Nothing appears to have been stolen.
• A wallet was found in Qualicum Beach and turned into the Oceanside RCMP. Wallet and contents were returned intact to owner.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of Doefawn Lane, Parksville, was reported rifled through. Nothing was reported taken.
• A vehicle was reported entered in the 1100 block of Yellowbrick Road, Parksville. There was no damage and nothing was reported missing.
• An Echo PB-580H/T backpack style leaf blower was reported stolen from an unlocked garden shed in the 1100 block of Maple Lane Drive, Parksville.
• A break-and-enter to a utility shed was reported in the 800 block of Hilliers Road South, Qualicum Beach.
• Three storage containers were reported to have been broken into in the 1100 block of Herring Gull Way Parksville. A total of 42 lanterns and 21 baskets were reported missing.
• A fence in the 100 block of Cooper Place, Parksville, was reported to have been sprayed with graffiti.
• Two pairs of sunglasses, black riding helmet /jacket, wallet, blue bag with Velcro on both sides for a bike and an iPhone were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Moilliet Street South, Parksville. There was no vehicle damage or broken glass.
• A thief was unsuccessful in entering locked vehicle in the 400 block of Rosewood Circle, Parksville. Property owner was able to provide RCMP on images of suspect.
• B.C. plates 292 LMS were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Magnolia Drive, Parksville.
• A black Kona bicycle was found in Parksville and turned into the Oceanside RCMP. If this is your missing bike please contact Oceanside RCMP 250-248-6111 during regular business hours.
• An unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Lee Road West, Parksville, was reported rummaged through.
• A purse was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 900 block of Lee Road West, Parksville.
• A knife was reported left behind in an unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Lee Road West, Parksville.
• The Town of Qualicum Beach turned into Oceanside RCMP two bikes found on Judges Row, Qualicum Beach. If you are missing a purple child BMX bike or a green child BMX bike contact Oceanside RCMP at 250-248-6111 during regular business hours to identify.
• A black Stanley tool box and a Maximum electric torque wrench were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Bagshaw Street, Parksville.
• A Ledcor backpack was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Park View Place, Parksville.
• Fuel was reported stolen from a private company fire truck located on Qualicum Main and Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. Video surveillance was supplied to Oceanside RCMP.
• A lawnmower was found on Stanford Avenue near Mills Street, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP at 250-248-6111 during business hours to claim.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident please phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours. Outside of business hours phone 250-248-6111 extension 7, or phone Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
— NEWS Staff, submitted