Parksville is set to re-open the Lions Ventureland playground in the Parksville Community Park on Friday, June 12, as well as the outdoor gym.
The move is part of the city’s gradual reopening. The skate park and sports fields are already open for recreational use by small groups and sports courts in the Community Park and Springwood Park are open for casual play.
The city reminds residents of the following while using outdoor spaces, as all provincial safety guidelines remain:
• Keep at least two metres (six feet) away from people from other households, even while playing.
• Avoid overcrowding, large groups and gatherings.
• Children should wash or sanitize their hands thoroughly and frequently before/after play and touching shared surfaces.
• Avoid touching face and cover coughs and sneezes.
• Limit use of playgrounds at busy times and limit use if others are waiting.
• Regardless of age, you must not enter the playground if feeling unwell, with no exceptions.
The splash park in the Parksville Community Park will re-open on June 26.
— NEWS staff, submitted